Monday 10 March 2008

Party On!


picture
Originally uploaded by laura0141
It's time to join the Party! I do think a party is the most fun. I've only ever hosted one party and it wasn't really a success - we ended up going clubbing and I had a *huge* fight with my boyfriend. But ... live and learn.

I'm going to take this party as an opportunity to introduce myself in a more lighthearted way tha previously. My name's Laura and I live in Scotland with Sammy-cat and the fosterlings. I'm unable to do paid work because I have Atypical Bipolar Disorder so I do voluntary work for Cats Protection instead. At the moment I'm not doing a whole lot as my mum has cancer but I *am* still fostering Duke and Rosie. Duke's my grumpy old man and Rosie's a lovely little thing but she's a self-harmer. Bet you didn't know cats could do that - she just licks and bites and scratches till she's sore. But the vet and I are hoping we've a handle on it now with some new meds ...

I'm a big reader. I'll read anythig that doesn't give me nightmares. But that doesn't mean I'll read things I don't enjoy. I abide by The 50 Page Rule - if I'm not enjoying it 50 pages in then it's time to find a new book.

I'm also a knitter. I mostly knit scarves and blankies but I have finished one cardigan - it just needs sewn up. Unfortunately I've no idea how to do this and need my mother's assistance and she's going through chemo and so has other things on her mind. But we'll get there - maybe I'll get to wear it next winter!

Hmmm ... cats, reading, knitting. They're my main *things*. I also love to cook and am learning to bake but this has had a detrimental effect on my dress size. My housekeeping skills are non-existant and I want to get a cleaner. I'm going to have one last try on the SHE card index system and then I really will give up! Which is shaming but honest.

Gosh, it's hard to be bright and bubbly when you've only just woken up. I'm writing this in bed - I have a migraine and I'm waiting for the meds to kick in. Then I might get up. Duke is with me, curled up on my feet. The other cats went out after breakfast and may not be seen again until lunchtime.

Oh, wait - I do have one more thing to tell you. Want diet-friendly strawberries and cream? Put your berries in a bowl, sprinkle with sweetener and put a dollow of very low fat natural cottage cheese on top. It tastes (to me) like creamy strawberry heaven and is free (ie unlimited) on SlimmingWorld.

5 comments:

Ivÿ said...

hey, welcome to the party and hope you're having a blast. Do call me Ivan Girl and I'm from Manila, Philippines.

Pleased to meet you! Same here who loves to read a lot. Will definitely visit you again.

Do stop by my blog and join me for the party... :)
UBP 2008

Have Fun!

Kailani said...

Thank you for such a great party. It was really nice to meet you! Hope your migraine didn't last too long.

Kailani
An Island Life

Michelle at usr-bin-mom.com said...

Hey, thanks for dropping by my blog party, it's great to meet you!

Shannon said...

I'm loving the meeting new bloggers part of this whole party.

I'm a mommy of two in Dallas, Texas. I so want to go to Scotland one day--my grandmother was from there and met my grandfather during WWII, they got married & moved to Canada where my dad was born. Some day ...

Feel free to stop by and visit me too!
My Blog

Unknown said...

Still hopping from blog to blog... my goal is to post at each blog at least once. Nice to meet you. Happy blogging!

Hits since 31st July 2008