Saturday 9 August 2008

Forgiveness

I like forgiveness. Probably because I need to receive a lot of it. And God is so good to forgive me - again and again and again. But His prayer says:

Give us this day our daily bread,
and forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.


God forgives us and wipes that slate squeaky-clean. But do we do the same for others? What does forgiveness look like?

To me, at this time, forgiving someone means giving them into God's hands. It means saying, 'What you did hurt me but I won't try and exact revenge. It's all up to God. And I'll pray for His mercy.'

What does forgiveness mean to you?

1 comment:

Angie said...

I think forgiveness means pretty much what you do. That your not going to let it eat you up but instead hand it over to God and let him deal with it. Sometimes that can be easier said then done though. But I've never regretted forgiving anyone. :)

Hits since 31st July 2008