Tuesday 5 August 2008

Look! No Hands!

This post is just to let you know why there may be an interruption to service.

I saw my doctor yesterday. He told me I have hurt the carpal something in my hand. He mentioned ligaments and pulling and tearing. I don't think he really knows what's the matter with my hand and I just know that it is very sore. And it's stopping me doing the normal day-to-day activities, that we all take for granted. It is particularly painful to use the keyboard and mouse of this computer and, for this Internet addict, that's a big problem.

However, I found a solution! I went to PC World today and I have bought myself some voice recognition software. I'm using it just now. The packet claimed that this software doesn't need any training, but that's not quite true - it does. Or maybe it's me that needs training? I'm not very sure. Anyway, I just wanted to let you know why there might not be a post every day for a little while. I have articles saved for until the ninth of August. After that, I'm going into Blogging Without Obligation mode.

It isn't that I don't like the voice recognition software -- I really do like it and it works well, even with my Glaswegian accent. I find it really strange to be talking instead of typing. I was never any good at school when I had to do the class talk. I was much better writing things down and I really am better at writing things than speaking then. I'm going to be somewhat incapacitated from the next two weeks, however, so I'm sure I will get used to this new way of writing. And, of course, my hand would be this bad for the whole fortnight. I hope not, anyway.

Speak to you all soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ouch that sounds painful. Actually I have experience in that and had to have an operation to fix it. Hugs to you. Hope it heals up soon

Hits since 31st July 2008