Sunday 12 April 2009

Easter Vigil


View Larger Map

This is a picture of St Joseph's RC Church where I attended the Easter Vigil Mass on Saturday night. I'd particularly wanted to go to this Mass as there was an adult (who'd already been Baptised elsewhere) being Confirmed and having First Communion. If I decide to convert then I'll be in the same position so I was particularly interested in that part of the service.

The whole service, from beginning to end, is something I'll not forget in a long time. I feel really privileged to have been there and able to take part as far as I did. It was really wonderful (and worth staying up till after bedtime for!)

And a young woman was Confirmed and received First Communion. I can't say, 'I wish it was me.' But I do say, 'I wish I was ready.'

I'm flighty. I say I want thus and thus and then go full pelt after that and that instead. I need to learn consistency - and not just in matters of faith. Just call me Good Intentions Girl. So that's what the next 12 months are about. Consistency. I'm setting out to explore Catholicism further with a view to making a decision this time next year. I have this idea that I'll try and live 'as if' I were Catholic. So I'll accept the Sunday Obligation and go to Mass, I'll try and get to Adoration, I'll use the prayers I've learned. And I'll decide. In a year.

1 comment:

Angie @ Many Little Blessings said...

Best of luck as you go on your journey of figuring out what God's call is to you.

I agree though -- the Easter Vigil Mass is a beautiful one! I have very fond memories of the Easter Vigil Mass when I was received into the Church!

Hits since 31st July 2008