Thursday 31 July 2008

Worry Results

Yesterday, I decided to take note of my worries. And today, Cindy invites us to share what we found.

I have problems with anxiety, so I expected to worry a lot. Actually, I don't. I noticed that, when the anxiety came upon me, it was just a feeling and not associated with any particular thoughts or worries.

Cindy had also asked that we take our worries captive. But can you do this with a feeling? If anyone has ideas for dealing with anxiety, I'd love to hear them.

1 comment:

Angie said...

Well, you know I deal with anxiety...have anxiety attacks from time to time. They are horrible. The way I've dealt with my anxiety here lately, and it seems to be working is when I feel my anxiety starting to rear it's ugly head I remind myself that all anxiety is is fear and God doesn't want me to live in my life in fear. I have a couple of verses memorized about trusting God and not fearing so I repeat those to myself. Sometimes I might have to repeat them longer than other times but anyway that is how I've been dealing with my anxiety.

Hits since 31st July 2008